Monday, June 21, 2010

Taking in the Rainstorm

As I was finishing setting up this blog this afternoon, we had a rainstorm come in.  I know you are thinking:  is that a big deal or what?  Actually it was to me.  The temperature was about 92 and within minutes it dropped down to 72.  And on the first day of summer, that means a lot to this old gal.  I stopped work on my computer and went to the lanai and opened up the doors and took in what the storm was offering.  The air was almost crisp compared to this morning's fare.  The sound of the rain coming down was just heavenly.  I pulled up a chair and just enjoyed the fresh air coming in.  The smell of clean air and fresh rain was worth every moment.  The trees got a much needed washing from all the collected dust and grit and all seemed well with the world in my corner at least.  Where would we be without the refreshing rain.  The afternoon took me back to my previous life, the one in which I worked at a regular job.  When life got hectic and the Florida summers got too hot, I would take time off and head to the Georgia mountains to a chalet in the hills.  I would refresh my parched spirit by sitting out on the deck and watch the rain come down.  It didn't take much; but those days in the mountains would put back what the sun-parched days at home had drained out of me.  In my heart I always have that place where I can run away to, if only in my mind, and take in a little refreshing.  And so it was today.  A few much needed moments to refresh my spirit and soul. 

 Read My Story


No comments:

Post a Comment